Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
Banzai Divers Hawaii Dive Highlights
- 3 great dive tours to suit all experience levels
- 2-4 hour duration depending on the tour (details below)
- Small groups of up to 6 guests
- Dive site chosen each day based on ocean conditions
- You will be personally supervised under the safest conditions
- Minimum age 10-years-old, Shipwreck Reef Dive best suited for ages 15 and above
Shipwreck SCUBA Diving Tour Details
Oahu is known for its variety of wreck dives. From massive fishing trollers to minesweepers, or WWII planes, Banzai Divers Hawaii has it all. These underwater structures also provide host to a plethora of amazing marine life! Ancient green sea turtles come to rest on the decks, colossal moray eels peek out from vents, while sharks and rays swim around the bottoms to create a truly remarkable dive.
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Best for divers 15 and up and comfortable diving to 100ft/30 meters
- Underwater structures provide a cornucopia of marine life
- Shipwreck dives are on the south shore of Oahu, near the resort areas
- Dive site chosen each day based on ocean conditions
Diving a shipwreck on Oahu made our list of the 13 most unique things to do on Oahu. See minute 1:09 for wreck footage or watch the whole video below.
Two Tank Shallow Reef Boat Dive Details
Oahu is part of the most isolated chain of islands in the world! This means that as much as 30 percent of the marine life you’ll see on Oahu’s reefs cannot be found anywhere else on earth! Aside from this, Hawaii reefs are known for their variety of colorful hard corals such as lobe, cauliflower, antler, brain, and mushroom. Don’t miss the small stuff! While everyone can appreciate massive turtles and other large pelagic animals, Banzai Divers Hawaii stress the importance of the little guys. Their guides are known around the island for finding things other miss such as rare and colorful nudibranchs (sea slugs), frogfish, fluorescent shrimp, camouflage octopus, and more!
- Duration: 4 hours
- 100ft Wreck Dive and 40ft Reef
- For ages 10 and above
- Find rare and colorful marine life
- Dive sites are on the south shore, west of Ko Olina to Waikiki
- SCUBA diving tour for certified divers of all experienced levels
No Experience SCUBA Diving Tour Details
Whether this is your first time experiencing SCUBA, you’re an uncertified diver, or it’s just been a while, this is the perfect choice for you! Banzai Divers Hawaii’s experienced, professionally certified PADI instructors will guide you through your first breaths underwater, or reintroduce you to your passion. With a maximum depth of 40 feet (12 meters) and a very small ratio of divers per instructor, you will be personally supervised under the safest conditions. Don’t worry, you’ll still get to see all the amazing marine life Oahu has to offer. This program is conducted in the same areas as their regular tours but will guide you through the necessary steps and includes:
- Knowledge Development Session – The instructor will discuss with you the basic diving knowledge to dive safely.
- Equipment Review – You will learn what each piece of dive gear is, what is it for, and how to use it properly.
- In Water Skills Practice – Your initial time spent in the water will be at the surface. There you will practice locating and using the equipment, breathing and equalization techniques, and other essential skills. Your instructor will take you on a guided tour of Oahu waters where you can encounter sea turtles, octopus, hundreds of different fish, and much more. Discover the world few have seen!
2-hour duration, for ages 10 and up, maximum depth of 40ft/12 meters
Banzai Divers Hawaii FAQ
A big note here, the location is seasonal. The instructor will pick the best location on the island based on weather and water conditions. They will message, call, and/or email you to communicate the location. Follow a GPS map to find the dive location and leave plenty of time for traffic, getting lost on accident, and finding parking.
What is Included in Your Shipwreck Dive
- Snacks and drinks
What to Bring for Your Dive
- Reef Safe Sunscreen (sunscreen must not have oxybenzone and octinoxate)
Shipwreck Dive Locations
Banzai Divers Hawaii visit all the spots that make Hawaii famous for SCUBA diving. Below is a list of the spots they may take you on this tour. They will take requests if they agree the conditions are good.
- Mahi Minesweeper northwest of Ko Olina Resorts, 70 to 90 feet
- San Pedro commercial fishing shop offshore Honolulu, 100 feet
- YO-257 175-foot Navy oiler offshore Honolulu, 100 feet
- LCU (Landing Craft Unit) offshore Waikiki, 60 to 80 feet
- Sea Tiger fishing vessel offshore Honolulu, 80 to 130 feet
- Corsair airplane wreck offshore Hawai’i Kai Marina, 115 feet
Best Time to Dive on Oahu
There is no bad season for diving on Oahu. However, the diving locations vary based on seasonal conditions, one side of the island may be better than the other depending on the time of year. Banzai Divers Hawaii are always evaluating the weather and surf to ensure the best conditions possible! Call or message their dive experts to check on current or future diving conditions and locations at 808-462-8290. But come back here to book the trip as that helps us out! Mahalo!
About Banzai Divers Hawaii and Devin Erickson
I’ll let the owner of the company share his story!
Aloha, my name is Devin Erickson. I was born and raised in Kansas which is about as far from the ocean as you can get. I learned to Dive in a murky lake with my dad when I was 12 years old. Shortly after we took a trip to Jamaica and the warm clear seas and abundant marine life sealed the deal. I was hooked and I knew this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
After high school, I moved to Hawaii with my girlfriend with a couple of swimsuits and a dream. I wanted to be a dive instructor and share my passion for the ocean with other divers! After passing my instructor exams I worked for several shops learning all the ins and outs of diving in Hawaii.
Something was missing though. Too many dive companies came to take advantage of the heavy traffic of our island visitors and put too many people in a group with little regard for a customer experience and sometimes even safety. I had a new goal. I would create a small diving company that focused on small, personable groups where divers would be treated like old friends and I would get to share my love for Hawaiian diving. 10 years and 10,000 dives later…
We are affiliate partners with Banzai Divers Hawaii which means we receive a small commission for each completed booking made through this site. This is done without any additional cost to you. You can read more about our affiliate policies here. Know that we only recommend tour operators that we know and trust. Your positive experience and your trust in us mean more than any affiliate commission. By booking tours through our website you help us to provide free information and videos to help you and other readers plan their perfect Hawaii vacation. Thank you so much for your support — you are amazing!