No Experience Diving? No Problem with this Refresher/No Experience Dive Tour
Be it your first SCUBA dive or you’re a bit rusty, trust the Waikiki and North Shore diving specialists to get you safely under the water.
Summary: For uncertified or rusty divers, let the team at Banzai Divers Hawaii get you started SCUBA diving or get you comfortable underwater again during your Hawaii vacation. They pick the location based on the conditions and get you to a max depth of 40 feet. Have fun!
No Experience Dive Highlights
- 2-hour duration
- For ages 10 and above
- You will be personally supervised under the safest conditions
- SCUBA diving for uncertified or rusty divers
- Dive site chosen each day based on ocean conditions, see the list below
No Experience SCUBA Diving Tour Details
Whether this is your first time experiencing SCUBA, you’re an uncertified diver, or it’s just been a while, this is the perfect choice for you! Banzai Divers Hawaii experienced, professionally certified PADI instructors will guide you through your first breaths underwater, or reintroduce you to your passion. With a maximum depth of 40 feet (12 meters) and a very small ratio of divers per instructor, you will be personally supervised under the safest conditions. Don’t worry, you’ll still get to see all the amazing marine life Oahu has to offer. This program is conducted in the same areas as their regular tours but will guide you through the necessary steps and includes:
- Knowledge Development Session – The instructor will discuss with you the basic diving knowledge to dive safely.
- Equipment Review – You will learn what each piece of dive gear is, what is it for, and how to use it properly.
- In Water Skills Practice – Your initial time spent in the water will be at the surface. There you will practice locating and using the equipment, breathing and equalization techniques, and other essential skills. Your instructor will take you on a guided tour of Oahu waters where you can encounter sea turtles, octopus, hundreds of different fish, and much more. Discover the world few have seen!
No Experience Dive FAQ
A big note here, the location is seasonal. The instructor will pick the best location on the island based on weather and water conditions. They will message, call, and/or email you to communicate the location. Follow a GPS map to find the dive location and leave plenty of time for traffic, getting lost on accident, and finding parking.
What is Included in Your SCUBA Dive
- Snacks and drinks
What to Bring for Your Dive
- Reef Safe Sunscreen (sunscreen must not have oxybenzone and octinoxate)
Oahu Dive Locations
Banzai Divers Hawaii visit all the spots that make Hawaii famous for SCUBA diving. Below is a list of the spots they may take you on their tour. They will take requests if they agree the conditions are good.
- Cathedrals on the North Shore, 25 to 60 feet
- Sharks Cove Tunnels on the North Shore, 20 to 50 feet
- Sharks Cove Arches on the North Shore, 20 to 50 feet
- Ewa Reef west of Pearl Harbor, 50 to 80 feet
- Horseshoe Reef outside of Honolulu, 40 to 65 feet
- Super Mario World outside of Honolulu, 35 to 45 feet
- Kewalo Pipe outside of Honolulu, 15 to 60 feet
- Nautilus outside of Honolulu, 30 to 40 feet
- Turtle Town outside of Waikiki, 30 to 40 feet
- Turtle Canyon outside of Waikiki, 15 to 30 feet
- Rainbow Reef outside of Waikiki, 23 to 65 feet
Best Time to Dive on Oahu
There is no bad season for diving on Oahu. However, the diving locations vary based on seasonal conditions, one side of the island may be better than the other depending on the time of year. Banzai Divers Hawaii are always evaluating weather and surf to endure the best conditions possible! Call or message their dive experts to check on current or future diving conditions and locations at 808-462-8290. But come back here to book the trip as that helps us out! Mahalo!
About Banzai Divers Hawaii and Devin Erickson
I’ll let the owner of the company share his story!
Aloha, my name is Devin Erickson. I was born and raised in Kansas which is about as far from the ocean as you can get. I learned to Dive in a murky lake with my dad when I was 12 years old. Shortly after we took a trip to Jamaica and the warm clear seas and abundant marine life sealed the deal. I was hooked and I knew this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
After high school, I moved to Hawaii with my girlfriend with a couple of swimsuits and a dream. I wanted to be a dive instructor and share my passion for the ocean with other divers! After passing my instructor exams I worked for several shops learning all the ins and outs of diving in Hawaii.
Something was missing though. Too many dive companies came to take advantage of the heavy traffic of our island visitors and put too many people in a group with little regard for a customer experience and sometimes even safety. I had a new goal. I would create a small diving company that focused on small, personable groups where divers would be treated like old friends and I would get to share my love for Hawaiian diving. 10 years and 10,000 dives later…
Book online directly with Banzai Divers Hawaii by using this link.
We are affiliate partners with Banzai Divers Hawaii which means we receive a small commission for each completed booking made through this site. This is done without any additional cost to you. You can read more about our affiliate policies here. Know that we only recommend tour operators that we know and trust. Your positive experience and your trust in us mean more than any affiliate commission. By booking tours through our website you help us to provide free information and videos to help you and other readers plan their perfect Hawaii vacation. Thank you so much for your support — you are amazing!