Lahaina Shores Beach Resort: walkable and beachfront
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
In a nutshell: Lahaina Shores Beach Resort is more ‘beach’ than ‘resort’, but a great choice for couples or small families looking for an oceanside rental in a central location with a bit of island flair.
Overview of Lahaina Shores
Lahaina Shores, a seven-story plantation-style resort, offers the only beachfront condos in Lahaina. All units have been recently updated, and include a full kitchen, central air, a private lanai, and access to a hot tub and oceanfront pool. The real draw however is the location. This resort is right on a sandy beach, next door to an outdoor mall of boutique shops and restaurants, and an easy half-mile walk from downtown Lahaina. Like most rentals, you’ll have to forego some resort amenities – there is no fitness center or food service.
Lahaina Shores Key Facts
Lahaina Shores Location
Lahaina Shores is located on the (quieter) south end of Lahaina, with easy access to old town, the world-famous Banyan Tree, Lahaina Harbor, and the heart of Front Street.
Lahaina Shores Pool
There is a freshwater pool, hot tub, and two gas grills right by the beach, complete with ocean views. Pool towels are available in your unit.
Lahaina Shores has studio and one bedroom units. Most sleep two people, though some include a queen-size pullout couch to sleep four (an extra bathroom is often also included).
Lahaina Shores: why we love it
- These are the only beachfront vacation rentals in Lahaina.
- The location is in a quiet area that is also just a half mile from old town.
- Each unit features a Lanai.
- Kitchen’s are fully equipped, so you won’t have to break the bank for every meal.
- Parking is on-site and easily accessible for no additional fee!
Things to Know Before Booking Lahaina Shores
- Noise some nights: There is a Luau next door that can get a bit noisy for some units between 6pm and 10pm.
- Small occupancy size: Most units only sleep two people, or up to four if there is a pullout.
- Choose your view: Only half the units have an ocean view. The rest face towards the mountains, which are still quite a beautiful view, especially on the higher floors.
- No frills: There is no fitness center or food service.
- Rental fees: All accommodations in Hawaii can come with some (rather large) fees. Whether you’re in a hotel paying resort fees or you’re getting a vacation rental and paying service fees, factor these into your equation. We usually go with VRBO because we’ve found that these fees are usually lower than what you’ll find on other similar platforms.
- No unit consistency: all of these vacation rentals are individually owned, so there’s a lack of consistency. The decor varies unit-to-unit, and the views vary by floor and direction (ocean or mountain). Reading reviews of individual units can always give you a better sense of what to expect before booking.
Don’t Leave Home Without This
There’s a lot to plan for a trip to Maui. We help take care of the rest of your trip with our done for you itineraries. Full of excursion days to take you to the best spots around the island, you can relax knowing that we have you covered.
“Thanks for your updates, and more importantly thank you so much for the itinerary guides you guys have. We just got back from our 10 day stay in maui and literally used your Maui guide to its fullest. Couldn’t have it done it without your Maui Guide.”Richard W.
Get The Maui Itinerary
The step-by-step itinerary takes you to all the best beaches, snorkeling spots, restaurants, and sights. You’ll get six carefully planned excursion days to help you see the can’t miss stops no matter how limited your time is.
Get all the details on our itinerary and download it for a memorable and easily planned trip to Maui.