The Best Kauai Hiking Tours
Take another look at what hiking means to you as you discover the possibilities with some of the best Kauai hiking tours. Yes, a tour for hiking because you don’t know how much you are missing out on by going at it alone. Let Kauai Hiking Adventures share everything they love about the land and ensure you see all you would have missed alone.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
Kauai Hiking Adventures Highlights
- Duration depends based on the hike you choose, anywhere from 2-8 hours.
- Designed for small, private groups with a flat rate up to 4 hikers. More hikers are welcome for an additional per-person fee, and large groups can be accommodated.
- Pick your own private hiking adventure in locations like Waimea Canyon, Koke’e State Park, Kuilau Ridge Trail, and Mt Wai’ale’ale Viewpoint.
- See the most beautiful areas of the island that you will miss on your own.
- Learn about the natural and cultural history of the areas you’re hiking through to gain a greater appreciation for the views and the land you’re traversing.
- All ages welcome, use your best judgment based on the hike difficulty and duration you choose.
Kauai Hiking Adventures Details
We love Kauai Hiking Adventures because they know the stories of Kauai, the wilderness, and the best hiking locations. They respect the ‘aina (land) and will share the culture and history of Kauai during the hike. It is more than a hike, it is a tour of the island. Let these outdoorsmen show you Kauai. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner and his admiration and respect for Kauai and all things hiking really show through.
Kauai Hiking Adventures offers 4 different hiking tours, all customizable to your group’s desires and needs. One of the best things about their tours is that they are all private and they are extremely flexible, offering customizable difficulty, distance, and elevation gain on every tour. For this reason, they offer a “short & sweet,” half-day, full-day, and “over-the-top” adventures. The amount of time you spend with them determines where you’ll get to go. They have a flat rate for up to 4 hikers with a per-person rate for each additional hiker. Large groups, have no fear, they are happy to work with you and accommodate your group.
Full-Day Kaua’i Adventure: Their most popular tour
- Options: Head to the North Shore to check out famous waterfalls, beaches, and lookouts or head to the Western side of the island to see Waimea Canyon, also known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific,” and Koeke State Parks.
- Duration: 6-8 hours
Short & Sweet Kauai Adventure
- Options: Choose between a driving tour or hikes on the east side. If you’re a speedy hiker, go up Nounou Mountain, aka “Sleeping Giant” and enjoy sweeping views of Mount Wai’ale’ale, the Wailua Homesteads, and the entire Eastside coastline.
- Duration: 1-3 hours
Half-Day Kaua’i Adventure
- Options: The Half-Day Adventure gives you the opportunity to see the east side of the island including the “Sleeping Giant,” Kuilau Ridge with views of Mount Waiʻaleʻale or take a coastal stroll along the South Shore or North Shore.
- Duration: 3-6 hours
Over-the-Top Kaua’i Adventure
- Options: Take full advantage of the experts and challenge your strength and endurance, or maximize your time and take your time exploring the island. The combination of options for this tour is literally endless!
- Duration: 8-10+ hours
Kauai Hiking Adventures FAQ
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel up until 5 days before your tour starts. No cancellations, changes or refunds can be made within 5 days of your tour, but they will attempt to reschedule you if possible. Cancellations made more than 5 days before the start of the tour may be subject to a 10% service charge.
What if the weather is bad?
Rain is the reason the garden isle is so lush, it often provides dynamic picture taking opportunities and comes with an ample supply of rainbows! Tours operate rain or shine, except in the most extreme cases. Keep in mind that just because it’s raining where you are, doesn’t mean it will be raining where your tour will be, and vice-versa. Additionally, rain showers are often localized and usually do not last long.
Why take a tour?
So you don’t have to worry while you’re on vacation! They will keep you safe, on the trail, and prepared with the appropriate equipment. Their guides know Kaua’i intimately and are trained to handle first aid and other safety concerns common on local trails. Beyond that, their guides will enrich your experience by teaching you about local history, flora & fauna — and, of course, by picking the perfect trail for your private group. It’s their job and passion to make sure you have the best possible experience while on Kaua’i!
Do they offer multi-day tours?
Yes! They do offer multi-day tours, just contact them directly to iron out the details of when, where, and for how much.
Is transportation provided?
The short answer is yes. Since their tours are private, whether you will meet at the trailhead, a centralized location between your lodging and the trailhead, or be picked up by the guide is dependent on your tour and your group’s desires. You can make requests directly in your booking.
What equipment will I need?
This all depends on the tour you choose, but Kauai Hiking Tours is happy to provide anything you need for the tour of your choice, just let them know!
About Kauai Hiking Adventures
Kauai Hiking Adventures says, “Our mission was forged in love and respect for this island’s abundant mana (life energy).” Kauai is referred to as “The Garden of Eden” or “The Garden Isle” for its diverse and lush landscape, providing breathtaking views at nearly every turn. Kauai captivated and won the hearts of countless world travelers, including Kauai Hiking Adventures’ founder, Jeremiah Felsen, and his entire team. It is now their mission to share the beauty of Kauai and their respect for the land with you.
We are affiliate partners with Kauai Hiking Adventures which means we receive a small commission for each completed booking made through this site. This is done without any additional cost to you. You can read more about our affiliate policies here. Know that we only recommend tour operators that we know and trust. Your positive experience and your trust in us mean more than any affiliate commission. By booking tours through our website you help us to provide free information and videos to help you and other readers plan their perfect Hawaii vacation. Thank you so much for your support — you are amazing!