Waterfall Triple Trail UTV Expedition (private waterfall)
Hop on a top-of-the-line Kawasaki 4WD to ride on three trail systems, check out movie locations, and drive right up to a private waterfall. Your guide will show you around while you do the off-road driving.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
Waterfall Triple Trail Expedition Details
- 3-hour duration
- Longer Riding Times (compared to their Ultimate Ranch Tour) – Trek across all 3 trail systems in Kipu Ranch.
- Movie Locations – This tour highlights many movie locations for amazing photo and video-taking opportunities.
- Waterfall Lookout – Drive right up to their private waterfall. The walk to the waterfall is a moderate hike on uneven ground, approximately 75 meters down and back up (optional hike).
- You will navigate your own vehicle throughout the different trails and obstacles to their private waterfall, bamboo jungles, and much more!
- Experience first-class tropical 4×4 off-road adventure aboard our well maintained Kawasaki TERYX4 or our Kawasaki Mule Pro-FXT with room for the whole family.
- Located 7-miles (20-minutes) from Lihue Airport and 20-minutes from Poipu Resorts
- For ages 9 and above (see details below)
The Waterfall Triple Trail Expedition Tour
Kipu Ranch Adventures Waterfall Triple Trail Expedition holds nothing back. Here you’ll find well-maintained top-of-the-line, ultra-smooth suspension vehicles. Capping this tour at a maximum of 8 vehicles for less of a crowd, and at nearly double the mileage of their signature tour in just 3 hours; Kipu Ranch looks forward to showing you top-quality adventure touring at its finest. A well-thought-out and crafted route is where great expeditions begin; they have mapped out just that. Traversing the best open view, mountain, and jungle sections of all three of their trail systems combined into one epic trip.
Experience a first-class tropical 4×4 off-road adventure aboard their well maintained Kawasaki TERYX4 or our Kawasaki Mule Pro-FXT with room for the whole family.
Their experienced guides will lead you through Kipu Ranch’s expansive 3,000-acre trail system on a working cattle ranch, which is full of breathtaking scenery, blockbuster movie hits, cultural history, and Hawaiian legends. You will navigate your own vehicle throughout the different trails and obstacles to their private waterfall, bamboo jungles, and much more! All vehicle features and terrain obstacles are exciting enough to challenge and thrill beginners to intermediate levels of off-road enthusiasts.
This is also a swimming tour, so be sure to pack towels and a swimsuit. They provide helmets, goggles, and bandanas as well as a light snack. Bring a swimsuit, towel, and water shoes if you want to swim. We recommend reef-safe sunscreen and natural locally made insect repellent as well.
Please note: Waterfalls and stream conditions are subject to the weather. Heavy rains can make swimming unsafe and droughts reduce water flow considerably.
FAQ: Waterfall Triple Trail Expedition
Off-Road Tour Includes the Following
- Instruction & Practice
- Short Hike to Private Waterfall and Bamboo Grove
- Discover Hollywood & Blockbuster Movie Locations
- Knowledgeable Guides
- Helmets, goggles, and bandanas
- Light locally made snack
- Top-of-the-line Kawasaki off-road vehicles
What to Bring on the UTV Tour
- Face covering (face mask, bandana, face gaiter, etc).
- All drivers MUST provide a valid Driver’s License.
- Credit card to place on file until the vehicle is returned.
- Covered closed-toe shoes are required for all tours.
- Water bottle. Water refill station available at check-in.
- Camera with a case for dust, mud, and water protection (no drones).
- Bring a swimsuit, towel, and water shoes if you want to swim.
- Reef-safe sunscreen.
- Guests may get dusty or muddy depending on weather conditions. We recommend guests wear dark clothing or clothing they don’t mind getting stained by Kauai’s red dirt.
- We recommend a long sleeve top and long pants in place of using bug spray. If using bug spray, we recommend using an all-natural locally made product.
- Valuable items not recommended on tour.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Tour operator will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. No personal storage is available on site.
UTV Off-Road Vehicle Options
- TERYX4 (Seats 2-4)
With features like power steering, full-back performance seats, and premium suspension, the Teryx4’s operator-friendly controls, and stylish interior will have drivers and passengers enjoying true luxury touring and off-road adventure.
- MuleProFXT (Seats 5-6)
The best 4×4 choice for maximum space and comfort. Easy, smooth operations plus ultra-low noise cab – great for open conversation while touring. Power steering, comfortable bench seats, premium suspension, seatbelts, latch doors, and full roll bar.
Tour Special Instructions
- There is a minimum of 2 participants required in order to operate this tour. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be offered a refund or an alternative date.
- All drivers MUST be at least 18 years of age to operate machines and MUST provide a valid Driver’s License.
- No recent surgeries, neck/back/knee problems, pregnant women, or any serious health conditions allowed on tours.
- Covered closed-toe footwear is REQUIRED for all tours and during water activities. Water activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Drug and alcohol use is not permitted before or during tours. Impaired participation is not allowed for your safety.
- Age restrictions apply: waterfall Triple Expedition Trail – minimum age 9
- Safety helmets and goggles are provided by Kipu Ranch Adventures and are required for all guests to wear.
- Guests are required to arrive on time. Tours operate is on a schedule and cannot wait for late guests. The option to reschedule will be presented to late arrivals.
- Tours operate rain or shine with the exception of severe weather conditions.
- If you are booking on behalf of another person or group, it is your responsibility to inform each participant of these restrictions.
About Kipu Ranch Adventures
Kipu Ranch is a 3,000-acre property extending from the Huleia River to the top of Mt. Haupu. It is home to many movie sites and wildlife! The ranch has seen many changes through the years, from a sugar plantation to the working cattle ranch it is today. Kipu Ranch is a private ranch – not accessible to the general public. Ride through the ranch on your very own premium Kawasaki off-road vehicle! All tours are guided scenic tours with a classic stop-n-go flow full of history, culture, movie locations, and aloha. Come and let their team share some of Kauai’s hidden beauty with you and your family.
Since 1999, Kipu Ranch Adventures is proud to be one of the top eco-tours in Hawaii. Named “Sustainable Tour Operator of the Year” by the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawaii (STAH), their knowledgeable, versatile, and safety-conscious Kauai tour guides are excited to welcome you to Kipu Ranch.
They support the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawaii’s principles of sustainable tourism, which addresses operating principles in the following content areas:
- Environmental Management
- Staff Management
- Interpretation Management
- Consumer Evaluation Management
- Marketing Management
We are affiliate partners with Kipu Ranch Adventures which means we receive a small commission for each completed booking made through this site. This is done without any additional cost to you. You can read more about our affiliate policies here. Know that we only recommend tour operators that we know and trust. Your positive experience and your trust in us mean more than any affiliate commission. By booking tours through our website you help us to provide free information and videos to help you and other readers plan their perfect Hawaii vacation. Thank you so much for your support — you are amazing!