Mountain Tubing Adventure
The most popular activity on Kauai for good reason.
Summary: After a 4WD ride through a jungle, hop on a tube to float down a 100-year-old, hand-dug plantation canal system that will take you through caves and small waterfalls. Get wet and have a blast!
Mountain Tubing Adventure Tour Overview
- Book as soon as possible as this is the most popular Kauai tour, it fills up fast!
- Gently flowing waters will carry you down the former irrigation system of the Lihue Plantation
- Lunch is included in the tour
- Duration: 3-hours
- Age Minimum: 5 years or older
- Weight Limit: 300 pounds maximum
- Height Minimum: Must be at least 43 inches tall
- Included: Delicious lunch and cold water
- Weather: Unless extreme weather prohibits, tours go out rain or shine
About Mountain Tubing Adventure
This tour is Kauai’s only tubing adventure like this. Book early as there is typically a waitlist.
After checking in at their base camp, they load up on four-wheel drive-off road vehicles for a tour through Lihue Plantation lands. Their exclusive access to this facility gives you a rare glimpse of a century’s old industry which helps to shape the Hawaii of today.
Guided by their knowledgeable local staff you’ll be shown the history of the rainforest you’re walking through and learn of the foliage and animals who call it home.
You continue the journey towards Lihue Plantation’s 100-year-old irrigation system where water tubes await. Once there, you’ll begin the trek down the waterway through five darkened tunnels and beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
The tour concludes with lunch and an optional swim at a pristine jungle waterhole where you can continue to enjoy should you choose to.
Tubing Tour Includes the Following
- Headlamps & gloves
- Delicious lunch and water (two hours into the tour)
What to Bring on the Tubing Adventure
- Secured water-friendly shoes required, No flip-flops (rental shoes available)
- Swimsuits or clothing that can get wet
- Towel and a dry change of clothing
- Hat (recommended but not required)
- Bug repellent
Tubing Tour Restrictions
- All guests are weighed at check-in. Those outside the 300-pound range are not able to participate.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is not recommended for those with back, hip, or knee problems.
- Women up to the second trimester of pregnancy may participate with written physical approval.
Tubing Tour Cancellation Policy
- Groups of two to five guests: 24-hour cancellation or change policy
- Groups of six to nine guests: 72-hour cancellation or change policy
- Groups of 10-14 guests: one-week cancellation or change policy with a one-week prepayment paid in full
- Groups of 15 or more guests: two-week cancellation or change policy with a two-week prepayment paid in full
About Hawaii Tours
Erica and I are very much DIY Hawaii travel people but sometimes a guided tour is the best and easiest way to experience the islands. A guided tour supports local tour guides, reduces the number of cars on the roads, and they can take care of permits and reservations that are hard to acquire. We have developed a relationship with one of the owners of Hawaii Tours, Daniel Logtenberg, and trust him with our Hawaii vacation planning.
At no additional cost or lack of service for you, Hawaii Tours is a 3rd party booking service with Kauai Backcountry Adventure.
Here is what Dan has to say about his company and tours:
We’ve been offering high-quality cultural and sightseeing tours throughout the Hawaiian islands for 20+ years – and we love what we do! So expect to be greeted with a friendly “Aloha” when you contact us by phone or when we pick you up at your hotel. Also, we’ll always do our very best to make your Hawaiʻi dream vacation a reality because we know you have worked hard, and your holiday time is important. You see, it’s not just our pleasure; it’s our honor to be of service to our guests.
We take great pride in showing you the natural, historical, and cultural splendors of our beautiful tropical paradise. Hawaiʻi has a special place in our hearts, which is why respecting and caring for these precious islands is of utmost importance to us. We care for the land or “Malama the aina” by showing you the best of Hawaiʻi so that you can fall in love with this incredible destination too… just as we did so many years ago.
Book online directly with Hawaii Tours by using this link.