Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
In a nutshell: A picture-perfect, luxurious resort and spa with all the amenities for an elegant yet comfortable stay.
Overview of the Grand Wailea
Grand Wailea Maui, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the perfect luxe destination for a Hawaiian beach vacation. Almost all of the accommodations are newly-renovated, and the spa facilities, fine dining, and recreation options (golf included) are sure to impress. The service is seriously impressive, and adds an air of ease to every experience. The grounds themselves are a lush and sprawling 40 acres abutting Wailea Beach (one of the very best in America), with tropical gardens and a jaw-dropping pool complex. Grand Wailea hosts a breadth of experiences and activities to keep you active and entertained resort side, and is only a short walk away from shops and more if you are looking to explore.
Grand Wailea Key Facts
Grand Wailea Location
The location is nothing short of spectacular. It is right on Wailea Beach, and neighbors several other high-end resorts, which you can walk to with ease via the Wailea Beach Path. And if you are looking for a little retail escape, The Shops at Wailea are just a five minute walk away.
Grand Wailea Pool
This Grand Wailea Pool is epic in scale and experience. The 25,700 square foot, 770,000-gallon pool area consists of nine individual pools on six different levels, connected by a river that carries swimmers along whitewater rapids and gentle currents.
Grand Wailea Review: why we love it
- Massive resort with direct access to gorgeous Wailea Beach
- An unrivaled pool complex and experience
- Four restaurants, two bars, a coffee shop, and room service
- Largest spa in Hawaii, and one of Maui’s best
- Kids’ club, teens’ club, and a family game room
- Grand Luau held on-site, plus tours through the hotel’s art collection
- Daily group exercise classes in addition to a well-equipped gym
- Accessible to other hotels and restaurants via Wailea Beach path
- Napua Club tower offers a private lounge and personal concierge service if you are really feeling fancy
Things to Know Before Booking
- Resort and parking fees: Unfortunately, high resort and parking fees are par for the course in Hawaii. Like many resorts, the Grand Wailea charges both a daily resort fee and a daily parking fee, which is not included in the room rate. This can be sticker shock if you’re not expecting it.
- Rooms are being upgraded (slowly): as of December 2022, the rooms at the resort are in need of an upgrade. They’re old and dated and don’t match the luxury price tag. The resort is going through a renovation to update these rooms, but it is moving along slowly.
Don’t Leave Home Without This
There’s a lot to plan for a trip to Maui. We help take care of the rest of your trip with our done for you itineraries. Full of excursion days to take you to the best spots around the island, you can relax knowing that we have you covered.
We purchased your itineraries for Maui, The big island and Kauai back in March and just returned from our trip to Hawaii where we spent 3 weeks. Your itineraries were magical; I read them so many times to plan the trip, watched almost all your videos to take it all in. Most of the time we followed your daily itineraries to the letter. We loved the google direction links, made things so easy. All I can tell you, you are doing it right and authentic and your tips about the weather, places to eat and much more were dead-on.Munzer and Liza
Get The Maui Itinerary
The step-by-step itinerary takes you to all the best beaches, snorkeling spots, restaurants, and sights. You’ll get six carefully planned excursion days to help you see the can’t miss stops no matter how limited your time is.
Get all the details on our itinerary and download it for a memorable and easily planned trip to Maui.