Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
Overview of the Residence Inn, Wailea
This all suites hotel is a good option for anyone looking for a step above the basics. The complimentary breakfast is repetitive and limited. However, the full kitchens in every suite give you the opportunity to save by cooking in. The Residence Inn Wailea offers a great location, close to the beach, shops, golfing, and Kihei.
Residence Inn Wailea Location:
Centrally located in Wailea, a few minutes’ walk from Wailea Blue Golf Course, Ulua Beach, and Wailea Beach. Plus, it’s just a short drive from Kihei. They offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Wailea Resort Area and the Shops at Wailea.
Residence Inn Pool: There is one large pool, a hot tub, and grills on site.
Room sizes: Choose between studio, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedroom suites
Pet friendly: There are not a lot of pet-friendly accommodations in Hawaii, but the Residence Inn allows one pet in the room (20 lb max) for an additional fee.
Why we love it:
- Full kitchens: All the suites have kitchens (refrigerator, microwave, and stovetop) complete with dishes, silverware, pots, and pans. This gives you more flexibility for meals, leaving more room in your budget for additional activities.
- Great for families: Studio, 1, and 2-bedroom suites give you a condo feel with space for the whole family to settle in.
- Accessibility: There are a ton of great accessibility features for wheelchair users/limited mobility as well as deaf/hard of hearing guests.
- Complimentary grocery shopping: I didn’t realize this was even a possibility at hotels, but now I’m so excited by this! Give them a grocery list (and 24 hours) and they’ll do your shopping at the Island Gourmet Markets. This would be a great option for ordering groceries and having a few things on hand for arrival.
Things to Know Before Booking the Residence Inn Wailea
- Complimentary Breakfast: This hotel offers a daily complimentary, buffet-style breakfast. While this is a great money saver, guests have noted that options are limited and they offer the exact same spread daily.
- Housekeeping not provided during stay: Guests have noted the lack of cleaning supplies, specifically brooms and dustpans. So keep in mind you’ll have to request cleaning supplies, linen, and towels.
- Marriott loyalty doesn’t get you much here: When we dug into the bad reviews for the resort, it was clear that most of the disappointment came from Marriott rewards members. Unfortunately, having status in the Marriott Bonvoy program doesn’t go far here as it does for many other hotels. So room upgrades and other special perks are hard to come by.
- The most expensive Residence Inn? When you compare the prices here to any other Residence Inn nightly rates, you might be shocked. The Residence Inn is usually a more budget friendly option. The nightly rate is expensive, but compared to other hotels in Wailea, it can be a slightly less expensive option.
- Resort and parking fees: There is a $30 per night fee for parking as of January 2023. Unfortunately, high resort and parking fees are par for the course in Hawaii. Like many resorts, the Residence Inn Wailea charges a daily parking fee, which is not included in the room rate. This can be sticker shock if you’re not expecting it.
Don’t Leave Home Without This
There’s a lot to plan for a trip to Maui. We help take care of the rest of your trip with our done for you itineraries. Full of excursion days to take you to the best spots around the island, you can relax knowing that we have you covered.
“We purchased your itineraries for Maui, The big island and Kauai back in March and just returned from our trip to Hawaii where we spent 3 weeks. Your itineraries were magical; I read them so many times to plan the trip, watched almost all your videos to take it all in. Most of the time we followed your daily itineraries to the letter. We loved the google direction links, made things so easy. All I can tell you, you are doing it right and authentic and your tips about the weather, places to eat and much more were dead-on.”Munzer and Liza
Get The Maui Itinerary
The step-by-step itinerary takes you to all the best beaches, snorkeling spots, restaurants, and sights. You’ll get six carefully planned excursion days to help you see the can’t miss stops no matter how limited your time is.
Get all the details on our itinerary and download it for a memorable and easily planned trip to Maui.