Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
Turtle Canyon Snorkel Highlights
- 2 hour duration
- Departure times at 8:00am, 11:00am, and 2:00pm daily
- Departs from Kewalo Basin, 15 minutes from Waikiki (click here for directions)
- 20 guests per tour
- Snorkel Turtle Canyon just away from the main crowd on this small group tour.
- Snorkel gear, flotation devices, as well as snacks and beverages are all included
- All ages welcome!
Turtle Canyon Snorkel Details
Turtle Canyon is a natural “turtle cleaning station” where turtles float above coral and get their shells cleaned by fish. This makes it an incredible place to snorkel.
Great snorkel spots typically mean large crowds, but they have a mooring that is away from the main area of boats, so it doesn’t feel as crowded. And away from the group doesn’t mean away from the action.
We went out with Charter Oahu and saw 7 or 8 turtles right away when we got into the water. We also saw Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins on our way out and back to the harbor.
Why we love this tour:
- Locally owned: this isn’t incredibly difficult to find in Hawaii, but it is very important to us to support locally owned businesses in Hawaii.
- Knowledge & emphasis on safety: this all-women crew is extremely knowledgable about the marine life as well as snorkel safety. They’re all experts from certified divers to lifeguards and we knew we were in good hands.
- All ages are welcome: we were able to take our 5- and almost 2-year-old kids out with us. They had tons of floatation devices and life vests perfect for our little ones.
- Pro photography (optional): they have a professional photographer on board who will get some excellent pictures for you for $35 via Venmo.
- Great price: for the size of this tour, the price is excellent. Plus children and teens under 17 get to go out for a discounted rate!
- Comfortable boat: the boat is really comfortable with lots of seating and it’s easy to walk around safely.
About Charter Oahu
Charter Oahu is locally owned and is comprised of an all-women crew. The captains and crew are certified divers, lifeguards, free divers, and surfers who are experts in Oahu’s waters. They love what they do and make sure to keep you safe and having a great time no matter what tour you set out on with them.
We are affiliate partners with Charter Oahu which means we receive a small commission for each completed booking made through this site. This is done without any additional cost to you. You can read more about our affiliate policies here. Know that we only recommend tour operators that we know and trust. Your positive experience and your trust in us mean more than any affiliate commission. By booking tours through our website you help us to provide free information and videos to help you and other readers plan their perfect Hawaii vacation. Thank you so much for your support — you are amazing!