Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
Kauai Snorkeling Adventure Highlights
- 3 hour duration
- Offered at 8:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 2:00 pm daily
- Departs from the meeting point at the Historic Koloa Plantation Building (click for directions).
- A maximum of 14 guests makes for a small group experience
- Hop on a south shore snorkel tour without committing to a full day on the water
- Learn about local wildlife and history from your guide
- Snorkel Sheraton Caverns known as Honu Hale – home of the turtles.
- Includes light snacks and non-alcoholic beverages: no need to bring your own
- Snorkel in calm waters: suitable for all levels of experience
- Children 5 and older welcome
Kauai Snorkeling Adventure Details
Kauai is known for its Napali Coast boat tours: snorkel tours, sunset cruises, and more. But those tours can be on the longer side, so if you’re looking for something a bit shorter, this snorkel tour leaves from South Shore Kauai, near Poipu. This is the snorkel tour for you!
In terms of marine life, you can expect to encounter occasional dolphins, lots of turtles, and an abundance of exotic Hawaiian reef fish and eels. You’ll be taking off on a zodiac raft, which is known for its speed and maneuverability, meaning less motion sickness on Kauai’s rougher waters. Snorkel Sheraton Caverns known as Honu Hale – home of the turtles.
Guided snorkeling from the shore! Let a dive instructor take you snorkeling on Kauai’s pristine south shore reefs without going on a boat. Check out their Ultimate Guided Shore Snorkeling Adventure.
This tour departs from Koloa, just 5 minutes north of Poipu, making it extremely convenient for anyone staying on the South Shore of Kauai.
If you’re visiting during whale season (December to May) be sure to check out their whale-watching tour!
Kauai Snorkeling Adventure FAQ
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellations need to be made 24 hours in advance (based on HST) for a full refund. Tours canceled by the operator based on poor weather or not meeting the guest minimum will be refunded or rescheduled per the guest’s preference.
Will I get seasick?
Although the chance of seasickness is lessened on a quicker raft like a zodiac, it’s definitely still possible. If you’re prone to seasickness, it’s always best to take the appropriate medication as directed before going out on any boat tours.
What should I bring?
- Sunscreen (reef-safe)
- A light jacket for the early morning tour
- You’ll be provided a dry bag for personal belongings
What are the guest restrictions?
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- No travelers with recent surgeries of any kind
- Not recommended for travelers with severe motion sickness
- Due to Insurance, no pregnancies (no matter how far along) are permitted on the boat. If you are pregnant, consider the “Guided Shore Snorkel” instead.
- Not for travelers exceeding 300 lbs. Due to safety and physical constraints, they must follow a strict weight LIMIT of 300 lbs or less.
- Not for people with mobility issues
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Participants must be comfortable swimming in the ocean
Is there a restroom on board?
No, there is no restroom on the zodiac rafts, so be sure to go right before departing for the tour.
Do they provide pickup/dropoff?
Z Tourz does not provide any transportation to or from the tour, so guests must arrange their own.
About Z Tourz
Established in 1999, Kauai Z Tourz has explored the Na Pali Coastline of Kauai with visitors and kama’aina. They specialize in the gentle waters off Kauai’s southern coast with their snorkeling and whale-watching tours. They run their tours from their 25-foot rigid hull inflatable vessel which is approved for 14 passengers and 2 crew members.
We are affiliate partners with Z Tour which means we receive a small commission for each completed booking made through this site. This is done without any additional cost to you. You can read more about our affiliate policies here. Know that we only recommend tour operators that we know and trust. Your positive experience and your trust in us mean more than any affiliate commission. By booking tours through our website you help us to provide free information and videos to help you and other readers plan their perfect Hawaii vacation. Thank you so much for your support — you are amazing!