Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
Napali Coast from Hanalei Highlights
- 2 or 4 hours
- Morning and afternoon departures (times vary slightly throughout the season) daily
- Departs from Hanalei Bay (click for directions)
- 18 guests maximum
- Choose between their 2 hour sightseeing tour or their 4 hour snorkel tour
- Refreshments available on both tours, the snorkel also tour includes lunch, snacks, and all snorkel gear.
- Children ages 4 and older are welcome!
Napali Coast from Hanalei Details
Seeing the Napali Coast from Hanalei gives you the most value for your time as far as Napali cruises go. Heading to the Napali Coast is typically a 5 hour commitment since most tours leave from the south shore and Port Allen area. Leaving from Hanalei means you’ll get to the stunning views in a fraction of the time, making it really convenient for anyone staying or spending the day on the north shore who wants more flexibility with how that time is spent.
Napali Coast Sight See Adventure
2 hour duration departing at 4:30pm from April to September only. Check-in is at 3:55pm
Be ready to take photos! A picture is worth a thousand words, and that’s also how many photos you’ll probably go home with! Plus you may even get to see humpback whales if you’re going in April or May.
Soft drinks and bottled water provided
Napali Coast Snorkel Adventure
4 hour duration departing in the morning and mid-day from March through October. Check-in is 30 minutes prior to departure. Exact times vary slightly throughout the season, so be sure to pay attention to your booking time.
Be ready to take photos! We recommend an underwater camera like a GoPro for shots while your snorkeling. You may even get to see humpback whales if you’re going March through May.
A light lunch, snacks, soft drinks, and water are provided.
Convenience typically comes at a cost, in this case it’s disclaimers, what to know before you go:
- The north side of Kauai is rainier and generally has rougher waters than the south side, so
- This tour is seasonal, running March through October when waters tend to be milder
- It rains frequently in Hanalei, so the tour operates rain or shine, but never in dangerous conditions.
- There is no shade or bathroom on board.
- The departure location, Hanalei Bay is a natural port with no loading docks, so your group will need to be able to climb up a ladder from the beach to the boat
- They cannot guarantee conditions will be right for going through the sea caves and snorkeling as your safety is the priority.
- Children under 4 and pregnant people are not able to come on the tour.
If someone in your group is expecting and would like to participate, check out our review on Makana Tours from the south shore!
About Na Pali Coast Tours
Na Pali Coast Tours is locally owned and operated by Steven Baptiste and his family. The Baptiste family provides a personalized tour you’ll never forget! Na Pali Coast Tours offers a high speed catamarans with unique designs to provide the best ride possible and optimal comfort in our Hawaiian waters.
Tour groups are kept small to offer the most personalized experience. Our vessels were built on Kauai for Kauai waters. The size and design allows our captains to navigate active waters along the Na Pali coast, exploring sea caves, waterfalls, looking for wild life, voyaging from Ke’e to Nualolo Kai!
We are affiliate partners with Na Pali Coast Tours which means we receive a small commission for each completed booking made through this site. This is done without any additional cost to you. You can read more about our affiliate policies here. Know that we only recommend tour operators that we know and trust. Your positive experience and your trust in us mean more than any affiliate commission. By booking tours through our website you help us to provide free information and videos to help you and other readers plan their perfect Hawaii vacation. Thank you so much for your support — you are amazing!