Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
In a nutshell: Get incredible service and tranquility in a prime Waikiki location.
Overview of Hotel
This Halekulani sister hotel opened in fall of 2019, making every aspect modern and pristine. The Halepuna’s central Waikiki location keeps you close to everything you want and need while offering a more tranquil environment than you’ll find in the surrounding hotels. The hotel staff is exceptional, always going above and beyond guests’ expectations, and the cleaning standards leave every room absolutely immaculate. Aside from some wishing the rooms were slightly bigger, we could not find a single consistent complaint.
We loved the linens, the service, and the location. While we were there on a family vacation, this would be a wonderful spot for a romantic trip.
We thoroughly enjoyed our week-long stay at the hotel. See below for our full video review:
Hotel Key Facts
Located in the heart of Waikiki, while it is not beach front, it is a short walk to Waikiki Beach and within a few miles of a ton of activities, great restaurants, golfing, and famous attractions.
Halepuna boasts an infinity pool overlooking the ocean on the eighth floor. It has great views, but it closes at 6 pm (as of the time of publishing). I wouldn’t say it’s a “kids pool” but our kids had fun in it.
Hotel Review: why we love it
- The hotel staff: We cannot compliment the hotel staff enough for the service they provide to their guests. Even digging into the negative reviews, disgruntled guests still had positive things to say about the staff and how well they were treated even when issues arose.
- Tranquil in the Waikiki bustle: Boasting an incredible, and popular, location in the heart of Waikiki often comes with a louder and faster-paced vibe, but not here. The Halepuna keeps it simple and relaxed with a lovely garden and an eighth floor pool guaranteeing a guests only experience.
- Location: While keeping it calm, their central Waikiki location keeps you close to everything you and your group may need.
Things to Know Before Booking Hotel
- Smaller rooms: The rooms are small. If you’re a family coming for vacation, you might consider getting two rooms (which can really add to the cost of your trip). Or you can make due with the small room if you know you’ll be out exploring most of the time!
- Parking fees: Unfortunately, high parking fees are par for the course in Hawaii. Like many resorts, the Halepuna charges a daily parking fee of $50 (Jan 2023), which is not included in the room rate. This can be sticker shock if you’re not expecting it.
The Best Oahu Itinerary
Ready to plan the rest of your vacation? We have you covered with our Oahu itinerary. This download and go itinerary takes you on a planned out route around the island seeing the best sights and eating at the best restaurants.
My wife and I just returned from Oahu, and had the most amazing trip! The Oahu itinerary was perfect, and we used it as a guide to make sure we maximized our week in paradise. Thank you for such a comprehensive plan…it was really a no-brainer. We can’t wait to come back to visit other islands.Chad Z.
Get The Oahu Itinerary
The step-by-step itinerary takes you to all the best beaches, snorkeling spots, restaurants, and sights. You’ll get six carefully planned excursion days to help you see the can’t miss stops no matter how limited your time is.
Get all the details on our itinerary and download it for a memorable and easily planned trip to Oahu.