Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
In a nutshell: A great option for families looking for good value and easy beach access.
Overview of the Kamaole Sands
The Kamaole Sands boasts a great Kihei location plus a trifecta of twos: 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, and even 2 bathrooms per unit. Not to mention the ever-popular Kamaole Beaches I, II, and III just across the street. There is also a gym, tennis courts, and an activity area equipped with ping pong, foosball and other games, plus a free lending library.
The Kamaole Sands Key Facts
The Kamaole Sands Location:
Located 30 minutes from Kahului Airport, 45 minutes from Lahaina, and about an hour from the Haleakala Visitor’s Center.
The Kamaole Sands Pool:
There are 2 pools: one family friendly pool, and one children’s wading pool, and 2 hot tubs: one family friendly, and one adults only.
The Kamaole Sands Unit Sizes:
The Kamaole Sands condos offer 1 and 2 bedroom units all with 2 bathrooms, yes, even the 1 bedroom units get 2 bathrooms! Plus in-unit A/C and washer/dryer.
The Kamaole Sands Review: why we love it
- Family friendly: From 2 bathrooms per unit, to in-unity laundry, elevators, a children’s wading pool, to an activity center and lending library the Kamaole Sands really delivers for families.
- Great value: Vacation rentals tend to be more affordable than hotel stays, but these units really deliver with amenities while staying a reasonably priced accommodation in Kihei.
- Location: Not only is it a short walk from some of Kihei’s most popular shopping and dining options, it’s directly across the street from Kamaole Beach III, which made it on our list of the best beaches on Maui.
Things to Know Before Booking The Kamaole Sands
- A note on views: If you’re dead set on having an ocean view from your room, be sure to check out the pictures/descriptions on the individual condos as not all of them will have ocean views.
- Rental fees: All accommodations in Hawaii can come with some (rather large) fees. Whether you’re in a hotel paying resort fees or you’re getting a vacation rental and paying service fees, factor these into your equation. We usually go with VRBO because we’ve found that these fees are usually lower than what you’ll find on other similar platforms. The Kamaole Sands charges a separate one-time fee of $36.46 (May 2023) upon check in.
- No unit consistency: all of these vacation rentals are individually owned, so there’s a lack of consistency. Some have excellent views and others come with a less impressive view or fewer helpful in-unit amenities. Reading reviews of individual units can always give you a better sense of what to expect before booking.
And Marriott members can rejoice! There are Kamaole Sands units available for rent on Marriott Homes & Villas. While you can’t read reviews for the individual units, Marriott holds their rentals to high standards. Plus, you can earn and redeem Marriott Bonvoy points for your stay. Some units available include:
- Kamaole Sands 8 -101 (1 bedroom)
- Kamaole Sands 7-102 (1 bedroom)
- Kamaole Sands 6-104 (1 bedroom)
- Kamaole Sands 8-206 (1 bedroom)
The Best Maui Itinerary
Ready to plan the rest of your vacation? We have you covered with our Maui itinerary. This download and go itinerary takes you on a planned out route around the island seeing the best sights and eating at the best restaurants.
I can attest to how helpful your guides are. There was sooooo much information in there but it didn’t feel overwhelming. There are great alternatives if you don’t want to do a certain thing on that day. It was awesome!! Helped us get so much more out of our vacationPriscilla
Get The Maui Itinerary
The step-by-step itinerary takes you to all the best beaches, snorkeling spots, restaurants, and sights. You’ll get six carefully planned excursion days to help you see the can’t miss stops no matter how limited your time is.
Get all the details on our itinerary and download it for a memorable and easily planned trip to Maui.