Kona Ali’i Condos
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
In a nutshell: Spacious rental units with incredible views, walking distance to anything you need.
Overview of the Kona Ali’i Condos
The Kona Ali’i condos truly give you everything you need for a great vacation. The ocean views from this property are stellar. The location is walking distance to all necessities and bonus amenities, making it incredibly hard to beat. Plus every unit is equipped with at least 2 bathrooms, full kitchens, and washers and dryers, making for a perfect group or family stay.
The Kona Ali’i Key Facts
The Kona Ali’i Location:
Situated right in Kona, the Kona Ali’i is within walking distance to many casual and fine dining experiences, coffee shops, Kailua Bay, beaches, grocery stores, and the local shuttle bus. They’re just 9 miles south of the airport, making your travel days feel just a little bit lighter.
The Kona Ali’i Pool:
There is one pool on the property that is kept very clean, and tends to be pretty quiet. There are also a few grills at the pool if you want to BBQ.
The Kona Ali’i Unit Sizes:
The floor plans of these vacation rentals are very spacious. There are 1 and 2 bedroom unit sizes all with at least 2 bathrooms in each. They all have full kitchens and washer and dryer in unit, making it easy to eat in and pack light.
The Kona Ali’i Review: why we love it
- Location: These vacation rentals are in a perfect spot. They’re almost beachfront, as they’re just across the street from the beach, but they’re walking distance to just about anything you could want, and right in Kona.
- Incredible views: We just cannot get enough of the sunsets at this vacation rental. Since it’s just across the street from the ocean, you get truly spectacular views of the sun setting over the water.
- Multiple bathrooms: A unique feature of these condos is that even the 1 bedroom units have 2 bathrooms, making it easy to travel with families and groups. It just adds a level of convenience that you don’t get with all other condos.
Things to Know Before Booking The Kona Ali’i
- AC not guaranteed: As noted below, each unit will be a bit different, but please note that this applies to AC for these vacation rental as well, so be sure to check the “Amenities” section of the particular unit you want to rent.
- Rental fees: All accommodations in Hawaii can come with some (rather large) fees. Whether you’re in a hotel paying resort fees or you’re getting a vacation rental and paying service fees, factor these into your equation. We usually go with VRBO because we’ve found that these fees are usually lower than what you’ll find on other similar platforms.
- No unit consistency: all of these vacation rentals are individually owned, so there’s a lack of consistency. Some have excellent views and others come with a less impressive view or fewer helpful in-unit amenities. Reading reviews of individual units can always give you a better sense of what to expect before booking.
You can also book the Kona Ali’i Condos through Marriott Homes & Villas. While you can’t read reviews for the individual unit, there is something comforting about booking through an established brand like Marriott. Plus, you can earn or use Bonvoy points on your stay! Their units include:
Want to check out other options on the Big Island? Read our reviews:
Waikoloa Beach Villas: central and walkable
Westin Hapuna Beach: wake up on the best beach on the Big Island
The Best Big Island Itinerary
Ready to plan the rest of your vacation? We have you covered with our Big Island itinerary. This download and go itinerary takes you on a planned out route around the island seeing the best sights and eating at the best restaurants.
I wanted to let you know that we just returned from 17 days is Hawaii and your information was our go to. We read your newsletters, watched your videos and ordered itineraries for the two islands we spent the most time on. This helped us plan our days and ensured we saw great sights we otherwise would never have known to stop. We referred to the guides often so saving it in files on my phone was perfect. You saved us tons of time energy and money while ensuring we had a awesome trip. Worth every dime and minute we spent on your info. Thanks!Traci Bolander
Get The Big Island Itinerary
The step-by-step itinerary takes you to all the best beaches, snorkeling spots, restaurants, and sights. You’ll get six carefully planned excursion days to help you see the can’t miss stops no matter how limited your time is.
Get all the details on our itinerary and download it for a memorable and easily planned trip to Hawai’i (Big Island).