Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
In a nutshell: escape the crowds at this elegant, oceanfront hotel in Poipu.
Overview of the Grand Hyatt, Kauai
The Grand Hyatt Kauai has a wonderful close – but not too close – location for those looking for a calmer, more upscale experience. It’s close to Poipu Beach, just 2 miles from the heart of Poipu, and steps from Shipwreck Beach. Offering both rooms and suites, this hotel is also great for families with their expansive grounds and a lazy river pool that offers excitement for kids and relaxation for adults. Their luxury spa and spacious fitness center are also worth noting.
Grand Hyatt Key Facts
The Grand Hyatt Kauai has a prime spot just steps away from Shipwreck Beach and the Poipu Bay Golf Course. It’s also in a calmer nook compared to other Poipu resorts and hotels as the last lodging before the Poipu Bay Golf Course.
The Grand Hyatt Kauai boasts a multi-level lazy river pool featuring waterfalls and a 150 foot water slide. There is also a large, 1.5 acre saltwater lagoon with several small islands.
Grand Hyatt Kauai Review: why we love it
- Hydroponic Garden: This Grand Hyatt grows some of the greens used at their restaurants, giving you a garden-to-table experience.
- Location: the famous Maha’ulepu Heritage Trail runs right along the Grand Hyatt Kauai and the hotel is directly adjacent to the Poipu Bay Golf Course.
- Beautifully kept grounds: We couldn’t help but to notice how pristinely cared for the grounds are.
- Quiet and family friendly: The location offers a slightly quieter vibe while the size of the grounds and amenities provide a family friendly experience. Their pool offers quiet areas for adults as well as fun areas for the kids to have a great time. Their lagoon offers an ocean alternative which is great for families with young children.
- No parking fee: Unlike most lodging in Hawaii, there is no daily parking fee for guests.
Things to Know Before Booking the Grand Hyatt Kauai
- It’s on the rise: The Grand Hyatt, like every business, had some struggles due to the pandemic, but guests’ experiences have gotten better and better every day post-covid. All of the recent reviews are glowing and most guests couldn’t be happier.
- Adjust your expectations for the restaurants: The displeased guests had one complaint in common: the restaurants can be hard to get into and the food leaves a lot to be desired. If you do want to try out one of the restaurants that suggest or require reservations, make them well in advance. Keep in mind more recent visitors have had nothing but good things to say about the food, but previous disappointments are worth noting.
- Resort and parking fees: Unfortunately, high resort fees are par for the course in Hawaii. Like many resorts, the Grand Hyatt Kauai charges a daily resort fee, which is not included in the room rate. This can be sticker shock if you’re not expecting it.
Want to explore more accommodation options on Kauai? Check out:
- Koloa Landing Resort: the best resort on Kauai (in our opinion)
- Poipu Kapili: prime vacation rentals, plantation style
- Waipouli Beach Resort: part resort, part vacation rental
Let Us Help With the Rest of Your Trip
There’s a lot to plan for a trip to Kauai. We help take care of the rest of your trip with our done for you itineraries. Full of excursion days to take you to the best spots around the island, you can relax knowing that we have you covered.
I purchased the Kauai itinerary and it is awesome! I had no idea how much work and information you guys really put into it and I am so excited for our trip now!!Kayla R. (YouTube comment)
Get The Kauai Itinerary
The step-by-step itinerary takes you to all the best beaches, snorkeling spots, restaurants, and sights. You’ll get six carefully planned excursion days to help you see the can’t miss stops no matter how limited your time is.
Get all the details on our itinerary and download it for a memorable and easily planned trip to Kauai.