Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
In a nutshell: Luxury condos with access to multiple championship golf courses
Overview of the Palm Villas Mauna Lani
The Palm Villas Mauna Lani is a small complex of 44 condos in Mauna Lani. The entire resort property does a good job of differentiating between the hotel, the Terrace Villas, and the Palm Villas in terms of distancing them from one another. This property has its own pool and most rentals will come with access to the Mauna Lani Beach Club, which we loved going to.
You’ll be walking distance from multiple amazing golf courses, the beach, shops, restaurants, and a beautiful walking trail that takes you along fish ponds and astounding scenery.
Mauna Lani has fewer restaurant options than Waikoloa, but it’s also less crowded and has a Foodland Farms, so you won’t starve.
The Palm Villas Mauna Lani Key Facts
The Palm Villas Mauna Lani Location:
Located on the Kohala Coast, the Palm Villas are a 30 minute drive from Kona International Airport, about 10 minutes from the best beach on the Big Island (Hapuna Beach), a 15 minute walk to the beach in front of the Mauna Lani, and walking distance from shops and restaurants.
The Palm Villas Mauna Lani Pool:
The Palm Villas has its own pool and hot tub on site, separate from the Mauna Lani Resort’s pool, and it is just gorgeous.
The Palm Villas Mauna Lani Unit Sizes:
There are 44 units on this property made up of all 2- and 3-bedroom units, all with 2- to 3-bathrooms. All units have A/C and in-unit laundry. Some come with beautiful outdoor kitchens or garages packed with beach gear (check the individual listings).
The Palm Villas Mauna Lani Review: why we love it
- The location: aside from being on the famed Kohala Coast, these condos are located on the resort area of the Mauna Lani, where we had arguably our best stay on the Big Island. These condos elevate your experience by giving you all the comforts of home with all the resort benefits.
- Amenities: On site you’ll find great restaurants, tennis courts, golf courses, a fitness center, a great pool, and free use of the cabanas on the beach which are for Mauna Lani guests only (Mauna Lani Beach Club).
- Outdoor kitchens & garages: Be sure to check the individual unit’s description, but most, if not all of these units have outdoor kitchens on the lanai and garages for additional space and parking. Cooking in an outdoor kitchen overlooking beautiful Hawaiian scenery is a vibe and one you’ll be happy you experienced.
Things to Know Before Booking The Palm Villas Mauna Lani
- The beach: Some listings say there is a private beach, while others muddy the water stating you’ll get a pass for the private beach parking lot. To be clear, all beaches in Hawaii are public, the parking lot for the beach is private and the cabanas are for Mauna Lani guests only, but the beach is very much public, it just may not be frequented by those not staying at the resort.
- Accessibility: There are no elevators on site, and there are stairs to get to the condos.
- Rental fees: All accommodations in Hawaii can come with some (rather large) fees. Whether you’re in a hotel paying resort fees or you’re getting a vacation rental and paying service fees, factor these into your equation. We usually go with VRBO because we’ve found that these fees are usually lower than what you’ll find on other similar platforms.
- No unit consistency: all of these vacation rentals are individually owned, so there’s a lack of consistency. Some have excellent views and others come with a less impressive view or fewer helpful in-unit amenities. Reading reviews of individual units can always give you a better sense of what to expect before booking.
Want to check out other options on the Big Island? Read our reviews:
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: wait until you see the lagoon!
Westin Hapuna Beach: wake up on the best beach on the Big Island
Holualoa Inn: Tranquility in Coffee Country
The Best Big Island Itinerary
Ready to plan the rest of your vacation? We have you covered with our Big Island itinerary. This download and go itinerary takes you on a planned out route around the island seeing the best sights and eating at the best restaurants.
We, too, were wondering if we should buy the itinerary because you supply so much for free. (Very much appreciated, by the way. ) So, we discussed it and decided to purchase it, if for no other reason than to support what you do.
OH MY GOODNESS!!! The itinerary is priceless! I have been doing a lot of research, and it definitely gets overwhelming. To see so much information, so beautifully organized and user-friendly is worth so much.Alan and DeeAine
Get The Big Island Itinerary
The step-by-step itinerary takes you to all the best beaches, snorkeling spots, restaurants, and sights. You’ll get six carefully planned excursion days to help you see the can’t miss stops no matter how limited your time is.
Get all the details on our itinerary and download it for a memorable and easily planned trip to Hawai’i (Big Island).