Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read about our affiliate policies here.
In a nutshell: A nice beach front resort where location is everything.
Overview of the Sheraton Poipu
The Sheraton in Poipu, Kauai is all about location. The rooms are a bit lackluster, the pool is good, and the beach access is phenomenal. Situated right off of Kiahuna Beach and very close to Poipu Beach, which is famous for turtle and seal sightings (just be sure to give these beauties their space if you come across them before they get their signs put out). You can walk to tons of resort restaurants with options for everyone, plus it’s the site of on of our favorite Kauai luaus, Ali’i Luau.
The Sheraton Poipu Key Facts
The Sheraton Poipu Location:
The Sheraton Kauai is centrally located in Poipu, just south of Koloa. It’s a short walk from Poipu Beach which is a great place to spot turtles and seals sunbathing on the beach. The Sheraton is about 30 minutes from Lihue Airport, an hour from Waimea Canyon State Park, and an hour and 15 minutes from Princeville and the north shore.
The Sheraton Poipu Pool:
The Sheraton has one 2-level pool and hot tub just off of the beach.
The Sheraton Poipu Review: why we love it
- Location/beaches: Right on the beach and in the heart of Poipu, you’re steps from Kiahuna Beach, a short walk from Poipu Beach and Little Fish Coffee. There are several great resort restaurants to choose from and you’re walking distance from the Poipu Shopping Village and just about anything else you need.
- Pool: We had some friends visit while we were staying at The Sheraton and they kept coming back to our pool. It’s simple yet beautiful and never too crowded. It has nice water features and two levels, the upper level with a zero entry or sloped entry design which was great for our infant to splash around in.
Things to Know Before Booking The Sheraton Poipu
- Rooms leave a lot to be desired: The best way I can describe the rooms here is just… meh. They’re a fine place to sleep, we had a nice view of the pond, but there’s really nothing special about them. If you’re going to spend the majority of your time out and about, they’ll be sufficient.
- Marriott loyalty doesn’t get you much here: When we dug into the bad reviews for the resort, it was clear that most of the disappointment came from Marriott rewards members. Unfortunately, having status in the Marriott Bonvoy program doesn’t go far here as it does for many other hotels. So room upgrades and other special perks are hard to come by.
- Resort and parking fees: Thankfully self-parking is complimentary and valet is $30/day. Unfortunately, high resort and parking fees are par for the course in Hawaii. Like many resorts, the Sheraton charges a daily resort fee, which is not included in the room rate. This can be sticker shock if you’re not expecting it.
Want to check out other options on Kauai? Read our reviews:
Grand Hyatt Kauai: steps from Shipwrech Beach
Koloa Landing Resort Review: the best resort on Kauai
Waipouli Beach Resort: part resort, part vacation rental
The Best Kauai Itinerary
Ready to plan the rest of your vacation? We have you covered with our Kauai itinerary. This download and go itinerary takes you on a planned out route around the island seeing the best sights and eating at the best restaurants.
We just returned from a fabulous trip! My husband and I spent 2 weeks in Kaua’i celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. We used your itinerary in preparation and probably checked it several times a day. I am grateful for your work and the heart you put into your guides and videos.Erica Alexander
Get The Kauai Itinerary
The step-by-step itinerary takes you to all the best beaches, snorkeling spots, restaurants, and sights. You’ll get six carefully planned excursion days to help you see the can’t miss stops no matter how limited your time is.
Get all the details on our itinerary and download it for a memorable and easily planned trip to Kauai.